Friday, February 9, 2018, 10:00am – 4:30pm
Listen to Jill on Dharma Seed
Inner awareness is key to understanding and taking care of our mental and emotional landscapes.
Awareness of sensations, breath, thoughts, and emotions culminate in recognizing what is. By repeatedly observing each moment, we become sensitive to our internal needs through the language of the body, movement of breath, the quiet whispering of the heart and the changeable nature of the mind.
With practice, our capacity to understand how our environment, conversations, and stressors affect us grows until it becomes second nature. Through this deep inner knowing, we learn to use skillful means to respond and take kind care of ourselves anytime and anywhere.
Teachings are appropriate for health care professionals as well as the general public. Health care professionals will be able to incorporate the tools and practices offered in this program in ways beneficial to clients or patients. Continuing Education (CE) credit available. See below for attendance requirements and more information.
Learning Objectives for participating health care professionals-
Based on the content of this program, you will be able to:
• Define interoception and how it is used for self-regulation and care;
• Describe how cultivating inner awareness through mindfulness techniques can improve patient care;
• Describe how mindfulness can be used to decrease intense emotions in challenging situations;
• Describe how mindful breathing practices may be used to reduce empathy fatigue and cultivate compassion for self and others;
• Utilize interactive inquiry practices to develop awareness of internal sensations in ways that may improve communication and patient care.
Held at Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Woodacre, CA.